Part of knowing your vehicle is knowing the names of its different body parts. With that in mind, today we bring you a visual guide with the body parts of a car. Keep reading to learn more on this useful subject.
What Are the Body Parts of a Car?
The body is the main structure of the car to which other components are attached. Needless to say, the body of a vehicle is extremely important because it allows the vehicle to move as a unit while protecting the passengers inside.
Here’s a list of the body parts of a car, including a brief description of each component. Use the numbers to pinpoint the location of the different parts of the vehicle using the image below as a reference.
1. Hood. Also known as bonnet in some countries, the hood is a hinged cover that protects the engine in front-engine vehicles.\
2. Front Bumper. A protruding horizontal structure placed on the front of a car to protect the vehicle in the event of a minor collision.
3. Headlights. Lights positioned at either ends of the grille to illuminate the road in front of the vehicle while driving at night.
4. Grille. Front-facing part of a car right above the front bumper and between the headlights.
5. Radiator support. Structural component of a vehicle that serves as a mounting point for the radiator and other related elements.
6. Side-view mirror. Mirror mounted on the exterior of a vehicle, typically on the doors or fenders, allowing the driver to view the area to the side and rear of the vehicle.
7. Rear bumper. Protective component placed at the rear of a vehicle in order to serve as a barrier between the vehicle’s body and potential impacts from the rear.
8. Roof. Horizontal surface covering the passenger compartment of a vehicle, providing protection from the elements and serving as the upper boundary of the interior space.
9. Cowl Panel. Component of a vehicle located at the base of the windshield that covers and protects the area where the windshield wipers and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system are located.
10. Dashboard. Panel located in front of the driver’s seat. A dashboard displays various instruments and controls for operating the vehicle such as speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, and warning lights for various systems.
11. Tail lights. Rear-facing lights on a vehicle that illuminate when the headlights are turned on or when the brake pedal is pressed.
Brothers: Auto Collision Parts in Baldwin Park, California
If you are looking for high-quality auto parts that fit your budget, Brothers Auto Collision Parts is here to help.
We are located in Baldwin Park, California. Contact us today to get a quote or to learn more about our services. You can reach us by telephone at (626) 813 1126, by WhatsApp at (626) 678 6009 , or by email at email@example.com We are a family, and we want you to be part of it!